Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How come I don't make more soup?

Seriously, I love soup. It's delicious, can be incredibly good for you without tasting like cardboard, and I live in the northeast (it's cold here for those of whom are bad with weather/geography). Also, rarely are foods as pretty as soup can be. it's one of those foods that visually can COMPLETELY change the way I taste the food.

Ginger Pumpkin Bisque....

Cheese Soup

Tomato Soup 

NE Clam Chowder...as if it needed an introduction

I made a chicken soup about a week ago. Asparagus, home made chicken stock, sesame seeds and a BUNCH of spices (red pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper). It was simple, completely on my current diet, and very flavorful. Now it was not good looking AT ALL, it was one of those things that happened where I was sick, wanted soup, had no soup, and started opening cabinets until I found stuff I could make soup with. 

So the charge for me is as follows....I am going to make soup this week. At least once, possibly twice. I tend to think soup is better a day or two after you make it (the flavors really marry together nicely after hanging out with each other). 

I will post pictures....hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment